Monday 12 February 2018

THE DREAM OF A BROKEN-WINGED BIRD

 

While being lost in my slumberland, I saw dream of a homeless bird,
Tout de suite I fell for her king-like sword
"Don't be misled by it's grace" she whispered in my ears
"Everything that glitters is not gold" she said pouring out the ocean of tears
You fell in love with my wings but my wings aren't worth your weep..
So if you want to fly with me you'll have to fall asleep..!
For in your dreams is the only way to look into my mind
But I assure you, you won't like what you'll find.
You will find the havoc, the misery, the wretchedness...
The heart that's filled with vincibility and lacks ferociousness...
The reason it is so must remain to myself..
I am a broken-winged bird with the wounded crissal..
Wending in the cloudland, far away from hives..
In so longed Neverland I took the dive..
Flying high in the skies, she continued her parable
 I felt so overpowering, I felt so appeasable.
The juggernaut once annihilated my eyrie..
I lost my loved ones, I thought it only to be a reverie..
But Alas if the truth be known to you, you'd be taken aback..
It was all reality, oh I wish I had a fair shake..
I wish I was there when my world was tearing apart..
From that day on I carried myself with an aching heart..
These wings felt no more than a burden to me..
I turned myself into my worst enemy..
But then the truth struck my mind, I felt enlightening
One day all have to leave the world, I know it's disheartening..
So my dear dreamer, be happy with what you have..
Everyone of us will one day have to pass through this invincible grave..!!

2 comments: